We have an ongoing commitment to the environment for future generations and are constantly looking for ways to minimise our impact on the land.
- Our Cellar door is built from Radiata Pine grown and milled on the site.
- All wastewater is kept and managed on the property.
- Cellar Door operates using 100% solar energy and battery backup.
- Our kitchen food waste is currently 30kg per week this is composted.
- All other waste is recycled (including soft plastic).
- All cleaning products are eco friendly
- We source local products and use local suppliers where possible.
- Our wines are made using solar energy and are also vegan friendly.
- Metal post are used to avoid the use of treated timber to avoid the leaching of toxins into the soil.
- Second hand drip tube & vine-guards were used in establishing the vineyards.
- Hand harvesting and hand pruning will be used ongoing.
- Natural vineyard practiced will be used where possible with an aim to use native grasses interrow where possible.
- We have a regenerative approach to farming the property.
- The most North-western corner of the property has been planted with 250 Spotted Gums for hardwood.
- Native plants are used in all gardens to encourage wildlife to the property.
- We are aiming to use sheep in the future to maintain the property and naturally fertilize.
- We are partnering with National Parks and Wildlife Services and our neighbours to manage our 21 acres of native bush with cool burning as part of a native bush management program – ongoing.
- We favour repair, re-use, and upcycling over new. No more obvious than the men’s urinal!
We will continue to look for ways to improve our environmental practices.